Vacation rentals are the newest and the hottest form of rental accommodation available today, their popularity and availability has grown exponentially over the last three years it is “now” the place to enjoy your holidays, honeymoons and romantic getaways. Many families are now choosing vacation rentals over other form of accommodations as they provide them with a homely environment, memorable moments and complete freedom while on their trip. I recently participate in a international travel seminar and I was amazed to see how the vacation rental industry as evolved in past 5 years. I learned a whole lot so I thought I would share the changes and what to expect in the vacation rentals Industry.
What are vacation rentals?
Vacation rentals are furnished accommodation which comes in different kinds such as luxurious condominium, cottage, apartment, tropical villas. They can range from 1-20 bedrooms and offer additional space such as a living room, dining room, fully-equipped kitchens, and outdoor areas including patios and balcony. They are available at pretty much any location from tropical beach fronts, in urban centres to romantic rural settings.
Why choose a vacation rental?
The main reasons vacationers choose vacation rentals are:
· Many vacation rental companies’ websites offer secure reservation systems, with immediate online availability and confirmation.
Peace of mind
· More space – No need to cram the entire family into a single hotel room. It can be challenging to sleep, while other members of the family watch TV at night in a single hotel room.
· It allows you to lounge around in your PJ’s all day
· No housekeeping to boot you out daily at a certain time
More choices more places
· vary in locations from beach fronts to city centres
Value for money
· On a nightly basis they deliver exceptional value, especially if you travel with friends or as a group
· The space you get relative to the price you pay is unbeatable
· The Kitchen make a huge difference to the bottom line - Eat in your own kitchen - It is highly beneficial from a financial point of view you save money by cooking your own meal instead of expensive meals at restaurants, the tips, taxes and service charges all adds up.
· When you stay in a hotel room you have to eat out 100 percent of the time
Home away from home
· Your kids can play whenever and wherever
· Offers unbeatable privacy - You can request do not disturb for your entire stay
What are the limitations?
· One limitation found in vacation rentals is the lack of 24 hours service staff but now this problem is address by many companies. Many offer the renters various services like hotels. These services involve front desk check-in, 24-hour maintenance, housekeeping, concierge service and more.
· Before finalizing your stay know the terms as this could lead to misunderstanding and really unpleasant trips - things to look for: no pets, no smoking, no housekeeping, and no parking cleaning policies.
· Security deposit issues - Rules about how you are refunded and what are considered as damages.
Now you are aware about Vacation Rentals – keep in mind such rentals when planning your vacation. Have a great stay.